There are two types of information we may collect through your use of the Website/Apps:
Personal Information and Non-Personal Information That We Collect and How We Collect It
- If you choose to open an account with us, register for a contest, sign up for our newsletter, request support, or in any other way take steps that require the submission of Personal Information or Non-Personal Information, we may collect information such as your name, email address, physical address, date of birth, gender and/or phone number.
- If you choose to connect to one of our Websites/Apps through a third-party social network such as Facebook or Game Center, we may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information from your profile on such third-party social networks, such as your name, username, photograph, gender and date of birth.
- If you choose to make a purchase through our Websites/Apps, we will collect your credit card information and other billing information.
- If you choose to make use of any public forum, comment section, or chat function, we may collect any Personal Information you may disclose through such means.
- If you choose to send a message to another user or defined group of users through our message, chat, post or other in-game function, we may collect any Personal Information you may disclose through such means, as well as the necessary Personal Information of the user(s) you are contacting, in order to facilitate the communication (Note: we will never collect any information sent outside of the functionality of our Websites/Apps, including through emails or text messages).
- If you choose to enable push notifications, we may use your Personal Information, or Non-Personal Information such as a device ID, in order to send push notifications to your device.
- We may collect precise geolocation information provided that, prior to doing so initially, you will either be informed of this practice or be prompted to allow or block this feature. In the event you proceed with acquiring the Website/App or choose to allow this feature, you will be able to block it at any time thereafter by taking the appropriate steps in the Settings tab.
- Some of our Websites/Apps may read your device to determine what other apps have been installed and Non-Personal Information, such as your city and gender, may be inferred based on the identity of those apps.
- If you choose to submit your Personal Information to us for any other reason in any other form, we will collect such Personal Information and use it for the purposes for which you submitted it.
- We will not collect any Personal Information from you simply by virtue of your visiting our Website; we only collect it if you choose to submit it to us. We do, however, collect Non-Personal Information such as device IDs, IP addresses and other persistent identifiers, as well as Usage Data, whenever you use our Website/Apps. Such Non-Personal Information is not combined with Personal Information unless you choose to submit Personal Information to us.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. We also give you information about how to disable cookies later in this section. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of our Website/Apps if you do so.
A number of cookies we use last only while you are on our Website/Apps and expire when you close your browser or exit our Website/Apps Others are used to remember you when you return to our Website/Apps and will last for longer. We use these cookies on the basis that they are necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or because using them is in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights), and, in some cases, where required by law, where you have consented to their use.
We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate interests of improving the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalize our content, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information subject to your choices and preferences to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We may also work with advertising networks that gather information about the content on our Site you visit and on information on other websites and services you visit. This may result in you seeing advertisements on our Site or our advertisements when you visit other websites and services of third parties. For more information about how to turn this feature off, see below or visit https://preferences-mgr.truste.com and learn more about opting out of targeted ads. There you will find links for resources specifically for citizens of the United States, Canada, and the European Union.
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable but, in general, our Website/Apps may not operate properly if all cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our Site. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our Site.
If you want to disable cookies on our Site, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
Except for essential cookies, all cookies used on our Website/Apps will expire after two years.
Partnerships and External Sources
Your Privacy Right in California
Your Data Rights and Choices
You can also unsubscribe from certain emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link they contain. You can opt out from certain cookie-related processing by following the instructions above in ‘Cookies’.
Individuals in the European Economic Area, Canada, Costa Rica and some other jurisdictions outside the United States have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them (including, in some cases, in portable form), and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. They may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data, to request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways.
How can I access the personal data you have about me?
If you would like to submit a data access request, you can do so , where there is a button to download your data. We will then start the process and provide you a link to access the personal data that GlobalCove has on you within 30 days.
How do I correct, update, amend, or delete the personal data you have about me?
Please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the words ‘Personal Data Request’ in the subject or body of your message, along with an explanation of what data subject right you are seeking to exercise. For your protection, we may take steps to verify identity before responding to your request.
How do I object or restrict the manner in which Discord processes my personal data?
You have a right to ask us to stop using or limit our use of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example, if we have no lawful basis to keep using your data, or if you think your personal data is inaccurate.
Individuals in the European Economic Area have the right to opt out of all of our processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes. To exercise this right, you may click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any of our marketing emails.
The rights and options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.